Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekly Weigh In 3

TOM is here this week and I finally had a small whoosh Sunday morning. I hope that the downward trend continues for the rest of the week, I was starting to go a little batty! I lost exactly 2 pounds last week making my 3 week total 7.6 pounds. Only 21 more pounds until my first mini goal! I am determined to get to that point as fast as possible, past experiences tell me that once I get there the going gets really tough. I don't have my book handy at the moment to say how many days I went to the gym last week, but I am guessing 5 out of 7. I did an hour and a half last night and netted a 600 calorie burn according to my body media. I LOVE this thing! It was a great investment and it is really confirming how hard I am working and keeps me on track with my burn totals.

I am scheduled for my first set of measurements on the 15th and I'm curious to see if things are any different. My clothes don't feel much different, so I'm not expecting much, but any nudge down will be appreciated! I think I'm going to do pictures again at some point, but I think I'll do them based on pounds this time instead of months. Maybe one every 20 pounds or so?

Other than that I really haven't been up to much... I basically go to the gym, watch tv, blog, and do it all over again. I'm kinda getting stir crazy, but until DH gets his finances back on track there really isn't any fun money. It's ok though, I think it's kept me more focused on the weight loss. I have been MIA from the bestie for the last week and even though I feel kinda bad for not being around, it is keeping me from over indulging. I know I have to learn at some point how to control my eating and know when to say it's time to leave and hit the gym, but I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet.

I have developed a rather annoying tooth problem though and wonder if any of you have experienced the same thing... Apparently as far as I can tell, my back molar has migrated backward and created a small gap between it and the second to last molar. I noticed that I was getting a lot of food stuck back there and being afraid of cavities and rot and all, I started flossing it constantly and picking at it to get all the food unstuck. Well now it hurts and I'm not sure if it's because I injured the gum tissue picking at it or if I possibly made it worse and forced food up under the gum? I called my dentist office to inquire about an appointment and they are booked until the 19th, but I have a cleaning appointment on the 23rd, so I decided to wait the extra 4 days and have them look at it then. I hope it's not a serious issue. I've never had an abscess or any gum disease, just cavities, so I'm kinda spazzing about it. To stand on my soapbox for a minute, I am disgusted by the fact that I have had so many cavities in recent years. I went from birth to age 16 with perfect dental health and then all of a sudden every two years or so I need a filling! What gives? I brush twice a day, floss most days (yeah I'm guilty of not always doing that, but I NEVER flossed as a kid and I was golden), and genuinely take good care of my teeth. Are some people bound for dental trouble no matter what they do? Anyway, I pray that it's just irritated from me picking at it and that there is some easy fix for the problem.

4 comments:

  1. Dang girl you're doing some awesome work there! WTG! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am trying but life sure is not making it easy!

      Delete
  2. Hey! It's Jewlz. My blog is still jacked, but hopefully will be back up soon. Apparently it's a random but sitewide problem. Weird. Said their techs are working on it but it's so random it's taking forever. Anyways, I've done that to my gums before... the best thing to do is to cut back on flossing and brushing for a few days and if you can, swish your mouth with a 50/50 solution of hydrogen peroxide and water. It will flush it out and help it heal faster. :D

    Oh man, I am SO proud of you for your weightloss! You really are getting back in gear! Keep it up and I think you'll get there before you know it! 21lbs. here you come!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I quit flossing that area, but it's really hard not to touch it when I can feel the food in there. I've been using a ton of aniseptic mouth wash to try to stave any infection, I really really hope I didn't push anything up in there because I really would like to keep my teeth! I am really trying on the weight loss, but it seems like the universe keeps aligning against me. At least I am keeping my eating under control.

      Delete

Feedback is always appreciate, all comments will be moderated.