Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thanks for the encouragement everbody!

I'm still feeling down in the dumps, but I'm hanging in there trying to see the brighter side of things. I talked a little more to my housing representative and got some new information. They told me the address of the house they'd like to move me to and I drove by to peek in the windows. I also got to look at the floor plan online. I'm undecided as to how I feel... It is also a 3 bedroom like the one we have now, but it is 70sq feet smaller because it is a 2 story unit. I used to love living on two floors, but it does make chores harder and with my bum hip right now, it would be a pain in the ass. It's also a townhouse set up that is smack dab in the middle of 4 other units. My current house is a single floor duplex style unit that we only share one wall to the bedroom with. I  really like our current house, it's got a big back yard, 2 storage sheds, a corner lot, and only one floor which makes laundry a lot easier. My neighbors are also pretty chill and really don't bother us at all, hell I don't even know their names. I also only have to worry about one other family when it comes to fire, that's one thing I hate about townhouses- if one person leaves an iron on, everybody's house goes up in flames. That's just scary to me! I know millions of people live in apartments, but it just gnaws at my mind that I have to worry about someone else's carelessness.

I'm not quite sure how this is going to play out, but I plan to take me concerns to my representatives and see if it would be possible to wait for another unit that is more comparable to the one we already have. I know it's hard and that I'm sure the problems must be rather extensive to warrant a full move and not just temporary living quarters, but I just feel like it's not fair to lose the amenities and square footage of our current home. I'm just kind of at a loss, all this stuff is happening so close together. Some good news is that my cousins boyfriend is coming up tonight and he will be driving her home on Sunday, so that eliminates my 8 hour drive and stay in SC. Thanks goodness! I don't know how I would have been able to handle all that with my injury and this new housing predicament.

I tried to stay close to OP with the diet today; I had a fiber bar, a small tv dinner, and 2 egg rolls with duck sauce from a chinese place that the cousin ordered at. All in all not great nutrition, but not bad on calories for going off plan with the egg rolls. I also have been peeing a lot today so I hope that means I'm getting rid of some of the excess water weight.

I also went and got a deep tissue massage today and it really helped with the referred pain that I was getting shooting down my leg. I can only hope that it continues to feel like this or better. She told me that my right hip was about a half inch to and inch out of line with my left hip and that I should really see a chiropractor as soon as possible. I think I might just make an appointment tomorrow, cause I am really hating this. It's making me really dread getting old, I feel like an 80 year old grandma every time I have to sit down, get up, or bend over. I also have to call to set up my first physical therapy appointment tomorrow, I hope they can get me in soon. I am so ready to get this all taken care of. I should get to view the house they want to give us tomorrow or Friday, so I'll update you all when I have more information. Until then, thanks for all your support and I hope you are all doing well, sorry I'm so busy or I'd take the time to comment on everyone's pages this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always appreciate, all comments will be moderated.